Well, at the moment, I’m It, but in a wee minute it might be you… Part of me is pleased to be It because when people didn’t like you at school they generally didn’t even tag you when playing Tig – unless they’d clubbed together and decided that because you were hopeless at running and could never catch people so they were all going to make you It all the time. I think you can all guess which part I played in all that… Kids can be such fun, can’t they?
I was tagged by the ever lovely Always a Mummy ages ago but I had lots of tags to write about and lots of things to keep me occupied in the “real” world so this is the first chance I’ve had to get round to it. Make sure you go check out both her answers to this meme and her blog in general. Always worth a read.
Now I have 11 questions to answer, 11 questions to compose and some people to tag. If we all join in and read all the responses then we should all know
some really random stuff loads about each other. Go on, be nosey – you know you want to…
First, The Rules:
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and
- create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.
First, 11 facts about myself.
Hmmm, I’m not sure I’m interesting enough to have 11 facts that are worth sharing, but I’ll give it ago.
- I hate licquorice. And mushrooms. Why would you eat fungus? The same stuff often grows between people’s toes. Would you eat that too?
- My husband appears to think I actually watch the programmes that he puts on at night – even when I’m on my laptop.
- I can eat condensed milk straight from the tin. I’d do it all the time but it seems to be frowned upon.
- Galaxy chocolate is much better than Dairy Milk. Don’t try to dispute this. You are wrong.
- I like elderflower flavoured things. Ok, my facts seem to have a lot to do with my stomach…
- By the time I go back to work it will be 2016 and I’ll have been off work for 6 years.
- I hate sport. Especially watching it on the telly.
- I LOVE Jane Austen. Especially Pride & Prejudice.
- The Mentalist is very cute. I don’t really watch for the storyline – but don’t tell my husband that.
- I’m learning Gaelic.
- I can’t sing but I do it all the time. Poor kids.
Now, the questions I have to answer:
1. With Valentines day being this week, whats the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Hmmm, romance… I think my husband gets a little embarrassed about the idea of romance. Still, he took me to Paris when I was 18, he successfully proposed to me (not when I was 18! No, he waited till I was 19, almost 20), and… OK, we don’t really do grand gestures, but when he knows I’m stressed or low he will often dig out some nice cream and give me an impromptu foot rub, and to be honest, I can’t ask for more than that!
2. What was your dream job when you were younger? When I was really young I wanted to be Nurse Nancy. Note, I didn’t want to be a nurse, I wanted to be Nurse Nancy. You know… the wee girl who played at being a nurse to toys in the Twinkle magazine….? Then I grew up and I wanted to be a lawyer. This lasted all the way through high school and into my first year of studying law, but not much past that. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a quitter so I know have an honours degree in Scots Law, but I’ll never be a lawyer.
3. How many children do you have, but how many would you like? I have 2 children. I’d love another one, though in fairness I’m knackered most of the time at the moment, and then there’s the lack of money, but I don’t think my body understands that. Sadly, neither does my husband…
4. If you were granted 3 wishes what would they be? 1) To live in a mansion like Pemberley. Scrap that – to live happily in Pemberley with my husband, Mr F. Darcy. 2) To clear off all my debt – and not by accepting the help of some random debt company who cold called out of the blue today. 3) World peace. Obviously.
5. Do you remember when you last had a dream? Yes? Ok good what was it about? I’m a lucid dreamer – I dream, I remember my dreams, I dream in colour and I can change my dreams when dreaming eg I’m dreaming a big scary dragon is going to eat me, I can change it into a dog playing a game (It’s not easy, and I generally only do this for nightmares or to replay the really good bits…). Maybe that’s why I’m so tired all the time. My last dream involved staying in the hotel for my cousin’s wedding this summer and my husband not making it in time. At least I got my fancy hotel room to myself.
6. Who is your role model/hero? And why? Hmmm, I don’t really know who my role model is. I aim to always be happy and to make others happy – or at the very least, not to make them unhappy. I don’t know that I have a specific role model for that, it’s just how I would want my children to grow up to be, so I’m perhaps moulding myself into the role model I’d like them to have.
7. How much have you changed since have children? I don’t read as much, I don’t get out as much, I can’t spend as much (on myself that is, I can spend plenty in Asda though), and I have saggier boobs and waistline. But, I get to watch two children grow into people. It’s amazing.
8. In general what inspires you daily? Hmmm, another tricky one. I have to get out of bed each day and I’m inspired to do it by my children, who need fed. Does that count?
9. If you could have just 1 superpower what would it be? Ooh, time travel? I’d love to go back and experience so many different eras. I may not want to get caught up in them, but to be able to jump in and out of my own free will would be good. And I’d get to go back and speak to old family members. There are some that I really miss.
10. Your best memory that you will cherish forever will have to be? The births of both my children were very different but both very special. I’d have to cherish both of those forever. I also have vivid happy memories about sharing a cheese string with my granny when she was in hospital (cheese was banned), of being on stage, numerous holidays, and my wedding day.
11. Name 5 things you can’t live without and why? My laptop, my car, books, chocolate, cheese. I would have put my mobile phone on but I’ve lasted all week without it so far. And I’m in two minds about the car – I’ve only been able to drive for 5 years (6 tests…) and always coped fine without one, but now I’ve got the kids it’s just so much easier.
Ok, and now to try to come up with 11 new questions…
- If you could travel back/forward in time, when would you go to, and why?
- If you could tell your child(ren) one really important thing that they would keep with them forever, what would it be?
- What was the last book that you read? Did you enjoy it? Who would you recommend it to, if anyone?
- What is your favourite book of all time?
- You’ve won a travel competition that allows you an all expenses holiday of a lifetime – free choice of where you go, how you get there and what you do – what do you pick?
- What is your favourite item of clothing?
- What part(s) of your grooming/beauty regime could you not drop?
- Were your school days the happiest of your life? Why/Why not?
- What’s your favourite film?
- What’s your favourite food treat?
- Tell us one secret – something you think we don’t already know about you….
And now to tag some fresh
- @teaandbiscotti – Mummy Has to Go Now
- @janey_uk – Welcome to Playgroup: AKA Speed Dating for Mums
- @lamamalicious – 6 Months Post
- @sixtineatlt – The Emotional Journey of Being a New Mum
- @karenspofw – Celebrating Oneself
- @thecrumbymummy – Yoghurt Laughing
- @sthurley49 – The Detention Diaries
- @mummy_blogger – Stabiliser Moments
- @emsyjo – Boy or Girl
- @wendy0 – Banning hot drinks at toddler groups
- @trouble_doubled – Manhattan Toy Fabric Puppets
And don’t worry – if you’re not tagged and you want to be, feel free to join in, and if you ARE tagged and DON’T want to be, just ignore me, lol.
I’m looking forward to reading your responses. Remember to comment back here when you’re done.