Thanks to The Crumby Mummy for tagging me in this meme – make sure you check out her answers, too. I have to admit to getting a warm, fuzzy feeling when I saw that she’d picked me, ME!, for this, and I did have to check to see if my daughter had wee’d on my legs (we were giving potty training a go…) but nope, it was just excitement or maybe a little pride.
Now, if you’ve read my blog recently (or had a look at the length of my archives) you’ll know I’m a newbie blogger so I’m still getting to grips with the lingo, but as far as I can tell, a meme is when a blogger writes a post with a theme and then they tag other bloggers to join in and write their own version of the post. I think the difference with a blog hop/linky is that those provide a list of everyone else who is joining is, and if you take part it’s appreciated if you take the time to go through all the other posts – a bit like a little frog hop, hop, hopping about. I see what they did there with the name….
This is the My Difficult Dozen.
1. You must post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4. Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5. Let them know you tagged them
OK, here goes.
1. Check! So far so easy but I think they’re going to get harder.
2. 12 “fun” facts about myself. Hmm, trickier – I don’t consider myself “fun” so this is tough. I’ll do my best. They may not be fun but they will be facts.
- Don’t ask me to make a cup of tea. I find it stressful because everyone likes it a totally different strength and appear to be very quick to tell you if the tea bag has been in a nano second too long and will then mock you forever about your dreadful tea making skills. Or maybe that’s just my family. All I know is that I don’t drink tea so don’t know much about how it should look/taste, and my family no longer ask me to make tea because I once forgot to take a tea bag out.
- I clearly come from quite an unforgiving family, though on the plus side, I don’t have to get up off my backside to make tea when someone else fancies it.
- I hate the sound of people eating and drinking. It makes me want to grate your face off a rough cast wall. We cannot eat in silence – there must always be the telly or something on, and we cannot sit side by side. Yes, I am strange.
- I have a little Shih Tzu called Briony.
- I do love dogs and animals, and have successfully begged for pets in the past, but now I’m the owner (rather than my parents) I must admit that I don’t know that I’ll keep tying myself down with a pet in the future. Maybe that’s just because Briony is “precious” and won’t wee on concrete/slabs though she is perfectly happy to wee on the grass, carpets, laminate floors… Yes, still toilet training after 10 years.
- I have big feet so I hate shoe shopping. I have a big bag collection instead. That’s a large collection of bags in any size. Not a collection of large bags.
- My right leg is half an inch shorter than my left leg. It sounds funny, and given that I wear special insoles to fix it so can legitimately say that I stand corrected, it’s actually a pain in the neck. Not so much from the back and pelvis pain, or the many other problems it caused, but because the insoles are big and clumpy so I can’t wear pretty shoes – I live in boots, even in the height of summer.
- I only have 8 toenails after having my two big ones permanently removed in 2004 because of my leg length difference. So I also don’t like wearing strappy, toe-less shoes/sandals. Can you tell my shoe shopping handicaps upset me?
- I am totally addicted to the internet, but that’s another story…
- I spent 10 years perfoming amateur dramatics in the local Gilbert & Sullivan operetta society when I was a child/teenager. Not very cool to most people but I LOVED it and really miss it now.
- I LOVE Jane Austen. I would have loved to live in that era – always assuming I was either Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy still married me, or that I was independently wealthy like Emma so I could marry for love. I wouldn’t have been so keen if I was a servant.
- I’m learning Scottish Gaelic and will be sending my son to a Gaelic immersion school after the summer.
Phew! Hard part done. Now on to part 3:
3. Answer the questions from The Crumby Mummy:
- Who would you invite to a fantasy dinner party? You can pick 5 people as your table only seats 6. Hmmm, Elizabeth Bennett & Mr Darcy, Captain Jack Sparrow, Prince & Princess William.
- Chocolate. Milk, Dark or White? Without a doubt – white. I like what I like and that’s white, white, white. I’m you give me milk I will eat it but prefer Galaxy (just in case you’re thinking of popping some in the post…). Give me dark and it will be regifted.
- Which football team do you support? (If you don’t support any, please put Burnley.)Looks like I’ll have to put Burnley, though my husband would prefer it if I put Falkirk. Alternatively, there’s Scotland.
- What was the first record that you owned? C.D, for the younger ones among you. I’m old enough to have bought records. The first were two nursery rhyme albums that I can still remember even though I was younger than my son. The first that I BOUGHT would probably have been Kylie Minogue’s Hand On Your Heart single and the album was a Now one with Karma Chameleon on it from Asda.
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing that you would buy?I’d have to repay the money my family have supported me with, and probably take them all on some sort of luxury holiday. The first thing I’d buy for me would be a big house. Think Pemberley, though it depends on whether I’ve won a tenner or £100million of course.
- Blackberry or iPhone? Hmmm, I don’t have either – I have an android but it’s so broken. I need to send it off to be fixed but need to save all the info first… Between iPhone and Blackberry I choosse iPhone because I just want the phone for fun stuff, not work. Plus, the fiddly wee blackberry buttons put me off.
- What’s your favourite film? A tough one. Instinctively, I want to write Pride & Prejudice but then other films start to filter in. Basically, I don’t do horror or anything frightening or gratuitously gory. I like cheery films that leave me feeling happy and positive. I enjoyed He’s Just Not That Into You and Never Been Kissed (though I have issues with the teacher so clearly fancying his pupil).
- If you could time travel, where would you go to and why? Ok, it’s becoming a theme but I’d love to travel back to Austen’s times because it’s so different from now and yet people still felt the same and had the same sorts of dilemmas. Other than that, I would go back to just before my granny died, try to get someone to fix her heart sooner rather than putting her on a waiting list (though who would listen to me?!) and I would try so soak up as much time with her as possible.
- What would you choose as your very last meal? Hmmmm, a tough one. A good piece of steak perhaps. Or the lobster ravioli I had looking out onto the Grand Canal in Venice when on honeymoon.
- Do you think with your heart or your head? I tend to think with my heart but then my head gets in the way.
- If you entered Britain’s Got Talent, What would be your act? I would only be featured as the dud act, but I’d either have to play the clarinet or show them how I can make my left thumb touch my left arm.
- Are you glad that I tagged you in this or are you cursing me? Lol! You were first (I think) to tag me, so no, I’m not cursing you. Maybe the fifth person ;-p Nah, I love it really. I’m too new not to, perhaps. Maybe if you’re a Big Boy Blogger it’s tiring but I just love that people know I exist!
THEN Set new questions (which I clearly forgot to do!):
- Where are you from and where do you live now?
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?
- What’s your favourite childhood book/story/film?
- What’s your favourite book/story/film now?
- If you could change gender for a day, what would you do?
- Do you feel your family is complete or would you like more/some children?
- What do you do/where do you work, and do you enjoy it?
- Which 3 words do you think sum you up?
- If you could be a fairy, which magical powers would you possess?
- If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why?
- Do you know what meme, blog hop, linky, Klout, Pinterest, Google +, SEO, tags, categories, keywords etc are and what they all mean? Great! You can let me know sometime then!
- Have you ever picked your nose?
4. Tag 12 people
Hmmm, I’ll have a wee look through my lists and see what names I come up with…
- Yummy Step Mummy @yummystepmummy1
- Psychology Mum @fayecarlisle1
- In A Different Voice @janey_uk
- Cat’s Yellow Days @catparrott
- The 1970s Diet @the1970sdiet
- Kate on Thin Ice @kateonthinice
- Always A Mum @alwaysamummy
- Mum of One @jbmumofone
- Four Boys and a Little Mummy
- Mrs Shortie’s Mind @mrsshortiesmind
- Just Jenny from the Blog @justjenny25
- And you! If you’re reading this and not tagged – please join in!
5. I will get in touch with them now. Make sure you look them up too.